Understanding how severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) emerged in 2019 is critical to preventing zoonotic outbreaks before they become the next pandemic. The Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China, was identified as a likely source of cases in early reports but later this conclusion became controversial. We show the earliest known COVID-19 cases from December 2019, including those without reported direct links, were geographically centered on this market. We report that live SARS-CoV-2 susceptible mammals were sold at the market in late 2019 and, within the market, SARS-CoV-2-positive environmental samples were spatially associated with vendors selling live mammals. While there is insufficient evidence to define upstream events, and exact circumstances remain obscure, our analyses indicate that the emergence of SARS-CoV-2 occurred via the live wildlife trade in China, and show that the Huanan market was the epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Étiqueté : Marché de gros de fruits de mer de Huanan
L’origine du Covid-19, un sujet qui intéresse tout le monde. On se replonge aujourd’hui avec Mathilde Fontez au début de la pandémie avec trois études très convaincantes qui prouveraient que ce sont bien des animaux du marché de Wuhan en Chine qui auraient infecté l’homme.
– A member of the WHO team that visited Wuhan says the city’s Huanan market sold products that had come from areas where virus-carrying bats live
– Food safety expert Hung Nguyen-Viet says this potential pathway for the virus needs to be properly investigated
[Chine] Coronavirus: Covid-19 scientists seek the invisible in Wuhan investigation into deadly pathogen
– Researchers from around the world will join Chinese scientists in the hunt for the origins of the virus ‘as soon as possible’, World Health Organization says
– Phase one will begin in the central China city where the pandemic began and include the search for ‘patient zero’
[Chine] WHO will start its investigation into coronavirus origins in Wuhan but says case zero may be elsewhere
– An open mind is essential when trying to find the point the virus jumped the species barrier, says WHO’s Michael Ryan
– Wuhan Institute of Virology director says virus sequence collected from Yunnan cave was decades away in evolution from Sars-CoV-2
No coronavirus has been detected in animal samples collected from the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, said Gao Fu, director of China’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, who visited Wuhan in person in early January to investigate the outbreak.The market had been thought by some as the origin of the virus and the epidemic in China.