Avant d’accueillir les JO de Pékin début 2022, le géant asiatique double les restrictions sanitaires et accentue sa stratégie de tolérance zéro. En construisant également de gigantesques centres de quarantaine.
Étiqueté : South China Morning Post (SCMP)
HARBIN, 22 septembre (Xinhua) — Harbin, capitale de la province du Heilongjiang, dans le nord-est de la Chine, est en état de vigilance élevée après que de nouvelles infections de COVID-19 locales ont été signalées mardi.
[Chine] Covid-19 origins: Chinese study uncovers over 140 bat coronaviruses but says none linked to pandemic
– Since January 2020, team has tested samples from 4,700 bats in regions across the country, finding close relationship with Sars but not Covid-19
– Scientists suggest viruses considered closest to Sars-CoV-2 are ‘extremely rare’ in bats in China
– The 28 local cases reported on Sunday are the lowest daily tally in the past seven days of the outbreak
– Vice-Premier Sun Chunlan visits three affected cities and stresses the need for strict controls to halt community spread
– The research also found that the vaccine induced a similar immune response to that found among adults
– The data was released as a fresh cluster of cases in primary school children has intensified the debate about vaccinating under-12s
– New details about US-financed research in China adds to tensions between Washington and Beijing
– US Senator Rand Paul has repeatedly accused NIAID director Anthony Fauci of lying about US financing for gain of function research
[Asie] Thousands in China, Southeast Asia infected annually by animals carrying coronaviruses, raising pandemic risk: study
– The EcoHealth Alliance and Singapore’s Duke-NUS Medical School modelled bat distribution to estimate the risk of exposure to Sars-related coronaviruses
– They found about 400,000 get mild infections each year. The study comes amid contentious debate on how Covid-19 originated
– Mid-Autumn Festival plans cancelled and residents ordered to stay home in Xiamen, as Delta variant continues to spread
– Kindergarten and primary schoolchildren among more than 1,000 contacts in quarantine
– 22 new cases reported on Monday in the southeastern province, with initial testing showing Delta variant to blame
– The latest infections have been linked to an adult who returned from Singapore in early August
– Studies in various countries suggest China’s inactivated vaccines may be less effective overall than other jabs but protect against severe illness or death
– Some nations have wavered about administering the vaccines, but experts say they do help governments in need fight the coronavirus
[Chine] Small businesses in China’s Xian still struggling a year after controlling Covid-19 pandemic
One year since Covid-19 infections were brought under control in China, small businesses in the northwestern Chinese province of Shaanxi have been struggling to recover because of continuing weak consumption. The Post talked to several small business owners in the capital Xian, where hopes are high that the upcoming National Games, to be held there in September, will help restore spending in the city.
[Chine] Un responsable chinois appelle à faire confiance aux vaccins contre la COVID-19 et à accélérer la vaccination
BEIJING, 7 septembre (Xinhua) — Les données de recherche et les faits sur le terrain indiquent que l’utilisation en Chine et à l’étranger des vaccins est efficace pour le contrôle et la prévention de la COVID-19, a indiqué mardi un responsable chinois, appelant la population à conserver sa confiance dans les vaccins et à se faire vacciner le plus tôt possible.
La Chine a beau se revendiquer comme un modèle dans la lutte contre la pandémie, plusieurs spécialistes du pays estiment qu’il va falloir se résoudre comme les autres pays à cohabiter avec le coronavirus. C’est ce que pense le virologue Feng Zijian, interrogé par l’hebdomadaire Zhongguo Xinwen Zhoukan.
– Leading respiratory disease expert says more than 80 per cent of the population is expected to be fully vaccinated by then
– Zhong says booster shots could strengthen efficacy of vaccines, citing follow-up study on early stage Sinovac trials
– A fourth straight day of single-figure local cases raises hopes the surge fuelled by the Delta variant is being brought under control
– However, more imported cases were reported highlighting the ongoing risk of more infections